Skip to main content

I already created my account in sentinel-hub, but I want to use it in QGis, I have this error, SentinelHub: Authentication failed, check your credentials.

Hi @julio.ramirez

The client id in the QGIS form should not be your e-mail, but the OAuth client id that you have created on your dashboard under “User settings > OAuth clients”.

Best,

Matej

@batic I checked all, and my email is correct 😕

What I am saying is that in the QGIS plugin, the “Client ID” should not be your e-mail, but the OAuth client id.

Dashboard:

QGIS:

This part of the webinar nicely demonstrates this step:

@batic I tried with User ID, Account ID and OAuth client, and don’t work

Hi @julio.ramirez

Your client id should be something like ‘75b432ff-dcd1…’, while the client secret you got when you created this client id.

Please also have a look at “Debugging/Development Tools” panel in QGIS, and the “Log messages” panel; perhaps that might give you additional idea of what is happening. The error from your first post says you have used wrong credentials (e.g. due to typo, an non-existing client id/secret, …)

If that doesn’t work, ask your IT team if perhaps your requests are being blocked or similar; while I doubt it, it could happen.

Good luck,

Matej

Has there been any update to this since March 2022? I followed every step shown in the video and those suggested in this thread. Still I could not get through the login step. The error was the same “Authentication failed, check your credentials”. I tried to be extremely careful with the copying/pasting of the client ID and secret many times yesterday and today. Nothing changed. The following is from the Message panel of my QGIS (version 3.32.3-Lima):

2023-11-29T10:27:53 INFO Authentication Manager : Master password has been successfully read from your Password Manager

2023-11-29T10:31:02 CRITICAL SentinelHub : Authentication failed, check your credentials

2023-11-29T10:38:06 CRITICAL SentinelHub : Authentication failed, check your credentials

2023-11-29T10:53:39 CRITICAL SentinelHub : Authentication failed, check your credentials

Thank you in advance for helping me get through this step.

CQ

Hi @cqhuang ,

Did the issue start happening from yesterday? If this is the case maybe double check if you have a valid account.

Another issue could be the deployment. Could you please let me know if you obtain your credentials from Sentinel Hub dashboard or Copernicus Data Space Ecosystem Dashboard? What did you insert for the Service URL?

Hi Chung,

Thank you for looking into this issue. I did not use SentinelHub before, and decided to try it out yesterday. Now that you mentioned where I created my account, I realized I had to create a new account to access the sentinel-hub page.

When I followed the “Create OAuth client” of the SentinelHub plugin for QGIS, it directed me to this page (sorry, I have to delete this link because I am only allowed to have at most two links in one post):

(link deleted)

and the “account settings” at this page is linked to:

https://shapps.dataspace.copernicus.eu/dashboard/#/account/settings

I did not pay attention to where I created my first account. Now that you asked the question, I think I got it here. The client ID/secret created from this page did not work in QGIS. After seeing your response, I went to the following page:

https://apps.sentinel-hub.com/dashboard/#/account/settings

The client ID/secret created from there worked in QGIS.

Looks like the video and the link for “Create OAuth client” in SentinelHub plugin for QGIS need to be updated.

Again, thank you for looking into this. Your questions are to the point.

CQ

Hi @cqhuang ,

OAuth clients created from both links you mentioned should work. They are simply working on different endpoints.

For the OAuth client created from the Copernicus Data Space Ecosystem, you need to select https://sh.dataspace.copernicus.eu as the service URL; for the OAuth client created from the Sentinel Hub, you need to select https://services.sentinel-hub.com as the service URL. Please have a look at this blog post on Copernicus Data Space Ecosystem for more details.

Note that Copernicus Data Space Ecosystem offers general users limited free quotas to use Sentinel Hub APIs. On the other hand, we offer 30-day free trial and users have to pay after the free trial period.