Share your ideas about our products!

• 13 September 2023
  • 4 replies
Share your ideas about our products!
Badge +1
  • Planeteer 🌎
  • 0 posts replied to

We are excited to open up a new round of ideas submission to improve Planet products and platforms! 

The Planet Community Product Ideas section is the best place for you to share ideas and discuss them with other community members and the Planet staff. Propose new product ideas or improvements, share them with others on Planet Community, upvote proposals you like the most and leave comments! Read more about our ideation process here.

Submit your ideas before 30th of September and your feedback will be considered for the next Product roadmapping cycle. 

4 replies

Badge

Idea: make Monthly Surface Reflection Basemaps 4-bands available for the whole world (area) for users of a paid Research license.

I don’t understand why Planet puts “Monthly Surface Reflection Basemaps” in the contract and does not deliver it.

I am quite disappointed now that we have bought a Research license in which it was written:

“4 Select PlanetScope Monthly Surface Reflectance Basemap Download for Academic”

to find out that Planet provides only 3 spots in the US and the country of Ghana.

No way to call that a Basemap.

Also bi-weekly and weekly Surface Reflectance Basemaps may give you just other minute AOIs in the world. Also this is not worth the term Basemap.

As a user you have no control over the areas provided nor over the period that they might be provided, thus there is no consistency.

So currently, despite our bought license I advise people to create a NICFI account (tropical areas only). 

People can subsequently choose to work with Google Earth Engine.

(Yes I’ve contacted our contact person at Planet… Customer success. ??  No, not yet.)

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi @Petra 

This is great feedback and thank you for voicing it! I would suggest you post these as separate ideas in the Ideation forum of the community. That way it can be available for others to upvote and voice their opinions. We incorporate ideas submitted into our roadmap and this would be the best way to get your feedback direct to the product mangers! 
Thanks again! 

Badge

Hi Elyhienrich, see above: it is only 1 idea.

“Idea: make Monthly Surface Reflection Basemaps 4-bands available for the whole world (area) for users of a paid Research license.”

Reason: I don’t understand why Planet puts “Monthly Surface Reflection Basemaps” in the contract and does not deliver it.

It is not separate ideas.

Since I can get 4-band SR monthly basemaps for FREE through NICFI for the tropics, why are there no 4-band monthly SR basemaps worldwide included in my PAID Research license???? Why do I only get 3 spots in US and the country of Ghana? I am not interested in bits and pieces, I am not interested in what other people tasked yesterday, or will task tomorrow (other areas). Researchers want a consistent data set. So NICFI is now the way out: monthly SR basemaps of the whole tropics.

My question is to include the SR monthly basemaps in the Research license for at least the NICFI area...

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi @Petra,

My mistake, thank you for creating that idea!