Skip to main content

I am attempting to do a burn scar analysis by getting the difference between the Normalized Burn Ratio of two scenes from different dates. It must be possible to do it in Playground with a custom script, but how would one go about doing that?

Regards

Hi,

I checked the custom script in your WMS collection and realised that you are using an outdated evalscript. Read all about the transition to Evalscript V3 in the documentation and the corresponding forum posts.

Now, to solve your problem you need to take care of two things:

1. You should use this updated and fixed V3 script for burned area visualisation.
  2. Make sure that there is data available in your area of interest for the dates you specify in line 26 of the updated script. Looking at your collection that line would read var allowedDates = ["2019-08-22","2019-09-11"]; in your case.

This worked for me when I tested it in QGIS with the dates and AOI from the custom script example. For other interesting custom scripts for fire detection, wildfire visualisation or burn scar detection please check out our custom scripts repository, which you can also contribute to and share your scripts with other users.

I hope that helps!

Cheers