Skip to main content

Good afternoon!

I stumbled upon the s3://sentinel-s2-l2a-mosaic-120/ bucket have been enjoying hitting it up for country-wide imagery.

I was curious though, the website that let’s you explore Sentinel’s cloudless imagery goes up to 10m resolution. Is that available at a different endpoint on AWS, or is 120m as high as is publicly available?

Likewise, if there’s a better way to fetch 10m cloudless data, all ears!

Hi @dylan

The s2cloudless map you link is a product from EOX, while the 120m mosaic (available on the bucket) is made by us and shared publicly (see also public-collections/collections/sentinel-s2-l2a-mosaic-120 at main · sentinel-hub/public-collections · GitHub)

To fetch the cloudless data, you would have to do some processing. This blog post provides some info on how one can build cloudless mosaics herself: Digital Twin Sandbox Sentinel-2 collection available to everyone | by Grega Milcinski | Sentinel Hub Blog | Feb, 2021 | Medium.

To view Sentinel-2 (and other) satellite data in all their glory, I suggest you head over to our EOBrowser.

Best regards

Aha! so 120m is the highest resolution being provided currently on via aws. Those tutorials for fetching cloudless data are fascinating, but a bit above and beyond what I can dive into for now.

Appreciate the reply