Skip to main content

I have been utilizing your service to download Sentinel-2A images for remote sensing analysis. However, I recently encountered an issue when attempting to retrieve data for the year 2018. Specifically, the images I receive are entirely black, even though the same request for the year 2022 returns appropriate, usable data.

Notably, this is a new issue. About six months ago, I used the same script for downloading data for 2018 and it worked perfectly, returning the expected images.

Here are the specifics of my request:

-I am utilizing the Sentinel Hub Python package to access and download the data.

-The geographic region of interest is specified in a KML file, which I use to create the geometry for the request.

-I am using an evalscript that requests all bands from the Sentinel-2A data.

-The time interval I am requesting is from April 15th to October 1st, 2018.

-The exact same request, but for the year 2022, returns expected, non-black images.

Given these details, I am puzzled as to why the data for 2018 appears to be unavailable or incorrect. I would greatly appreciate your guidance and assistance in resolving this issue. Do let me know if there are any further details I can provide, or if there are any specific actions I should take to rectify this.

Hi,

Thanks for the question. Please can you provide the area of interest that you are using so that I can replicate your issue please? Even better, if you’re able to, the full code block you are using would be great!