Downloading Planetscope data on local drive

• 26 April 2024
  • 4 replies

Good day, I have a collection of planetscope data/tiles sitting in Sentinelhub (i.e. the aws server you provide). What would be the easiest way for me to download all of the tiles on my local drive? Do you guys offer an option to download these as zarr or other array-based formats?

FYI I am trying to run a NDVI time-series analysis and am having trouble doing it with your statistical API (via your request builder). Hence why I’m opting to just do this in python myself…feel free to suggest other options…

Many thanks

4 replies

Hi,

Yes there is of course a method to download all your Planetscope tiles. You can find out how to do this here.

However, let’s try and solve what you are trying to achieve with Statistical API. If you are able to share your code and explain what you are trying to output then we can help troubleshoot and debug your workflow with you 👍

Hi Will,

The error I’m getting is:

b'{"error":{"status":400,"reason":"Bad Request","message":"width = 25951631, calculated from resx, is larger than allowed 2500.\\nheight = 7968274, calculated from resy, is larger than allowed 2500.\\n","code":"COMMON_EXCEPTION"}}'

I have 11 polygons, each one is 1 hectare.

Here is the code:

import requests

url = "https://services.sentinel-hub.com/api/v1/statistics"
headers = {
  "Authorization": "Bearer,
  "Accept": "application/json",
  "Content-Type": "application/json"
}
data = {
  "input": {
    "bounds": {
      "geometry": {
        "type": "MultiPolygon",
        "coordinates": [polygons]

}
    },
    "data": [
      {
        "dataFilter": {},
        "type": "byoc-"
      }
    ]
  },
  "aggregation": {
    "timeRange": {
      "from": "2023-06-28T00:00:00Z",
      "to": "2023-07-28T23:59:59Z"
    },
    "aggregationInterval": {
      "of": "P10D"
    },
    "resx": 0.00001,
    "resy": 0.00001,
    "evalscript": "var val = (NIR - Red) / (NIR + Red);\n\nreturn colorBlend(val,\n  [0.0, 0.5, 1.0],\n  [\n    [1, 0, 0],\n    [1, 1, 0],\n    [0.1, 0.31, 0],\n  ]);"
  },
  "calculations": {
    "default": {}
  }
}

response = requests.post(url, headers=headers, json=data)

Also for context: I have a subscription to 11 polygons (1 ha each) and have ingested 6 years of data. Unless I am mistaken - the example you sent me shows how to download individual tiles from an ‘Order’. How can I just download everything in a collection? Apologies if this is somewhere in the documents I just can’t see it

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.