Skip to main content

Doubts about commercial data

• 26 April 2024
  • 5 replies

Hello. I am a new user and I am interested in suscribing for getting commeracial images, but I have a couple of question:

Firstly, which subscription for Sentiel Hub do I need?

Secondly, does the planet scope package give me access to all available PlanetScope data in my area of interest? For example, if I have an area of 50 hectares, could I access to all aviable PlanetScope data only paying one time?

Thirdly, I don’t understand how the SPOT package works. For example, if I buy the SPOT package, how many square kilometers can I order? I don’t understand the next prices:

• 0-1000 km² - 0.9 € per km²

• 1000-10000 km² - 0.7 € per km²

• More than 10000 km² - 0.55 € per km²

Hi Joseph,

Firstly, which subscription for Sentiel Hub do I need?

any of the Sentinel Hub subscriptions will do. If you are planning to use the service commercially, you should go for Basic or Enterprise.

Secondly, does the planet scope package give me access to all available PlanetScope data in my area of interest? For example, if I have an area of 50 hectares, could I access to all aviable PlanetScope data only paying one time?

Correct - you get access to full archive as well as fresh imagery for a year over your selected AOI.

Thirdly, I don’t understand how the SPOT package works. For example, if I buy the SPOT package, how many square kilometers can I order? I don’t understand the next prices:

If you purchase a quota of 500 km2, you will pay 450 EUR.
For 5000 km2, you will pay 500x0.9 + 4500x0.7 = 3600 EUR.
For 50000 km2, you will pay 500x0.9 + 9500x0.7 + 40000x0.55

Best,

Thanks for the reply.

One last question. If I decide to buy SPOT package, what is the meaning of “100€ per quota package”?.

That means, when I pay the 100€, I can acces to SPOT images and if I want to download an image, I have to purchase the quota for the image according to previous prices. Am I right?

When you pay 100 EUR, you will get assigned a quota of 111.11 km2 of SPOT data, which you can use to consume/download SPOT data. Once you consume full quota, you can purchase another package (or several of them).

“Correct - you get access to full archive as well as fresh imagery for a year over your selected AOI.”

How is it possible to get fresh imagery over a year if I unsubscribe from basic €30 plan after say 2 or 3 months of use ?

How is it possible to get fresh imagery over a year if I unsubscribe from basic €30 plan after say 2 or 3 months of use ?

You do indeed need an active Sentinel Hub subscription as long as you are accessing PlanetScope data.