Education And Research Program Enhances Global Accessibility And User Capabilities

Related products: PlanetScope Imagery Tasking

From economists to ecologists, our Education and Research Program enables researchers from around the globe to dive into Planet’s datasets and explore a world of near limitless research insights. 

And starting today, we are transforming the program to offer greater global accessibility and enhanced user capabilities! Through a new tiered pricing system, we aim to serve more universities from more countries than ever before.

With this program transformation, we are also offering our high-resolution SkySat data to our E&R users, a first for a university program in the satellite data industry. 

To read more about this please check out this Planet Pulse article

@elyhienrich I just browsed through the article quickly but did I read that right? will the E&R program now be offering a limited amount of SkySat imagery?

From economists to ecologists, our Education and Research Program enables researchers from around the globe to dive into Planet’s datasets and explore a world of near limitless research insights. 

And starting today, we are transforming the program to offer greater global accessibility and enhanced user capabilities! Through a new tiered pricing system, we aim to serve more universities from more countries than ever before.

With this program transformation, we are also offering our high-resolution SkySat data to our E&R users, a first for a university program in the satellite data industry. 

To read more about this please check out this Planet Pulse article

This sounds great! I was wondering if the basic education and research accounts also will be provided with the access to SkySat data? I just checked this with my account and seems not available for me.

Hi, @deanesh.ramsewak and @Milad Niroumand-Jadidi,

To answer both of your questions. There are no changes to the basic E&R accounts - the big changes are that the SkySat archive is to be added to campus accounts and a tiered pricing system for increased global access.

Let me know if you have any additional questions! 

Thanks for the clarification @elyhienrich