Skip to main content

Just got word that a few farmers submitted inaccurate geometries for their fields (maybe 7 or 8 fields in all).  I looked at the sentinelhub API and there doesn’t appear to a means for updating a subscription so assuming I need to delete these 7 or 8 subscriptions and then subscribe to them again with the correct geometries?  If this is not the case, please let me know.  Was thinking there might be a way to just update the geometry for each field subscription but maybe not. Thank you.  

Hi,

Thanks for the question, I have forwarded your request onto the Technical Support Team who will get in contact with you via email.

Dear Sender,

Thank you for your question. Please take a look at below explanation:

• geometry: May be modified only for the catalog source type.

Perhaps this might help further as well: https://developers.planet.com/docs/subscriptions/imagery-subs/#edit-an-imagery-subscription

Please let me know if there is anything else I could help with.

Best,

Paulina

Does editing an imagery subscription (link above) apply to sentinelhub subscriptions (see original post)?

Hi @heigis,

As @paulina.brozek mentioned, you can edit the geometry.  However, this will only edit data delivered in the future, and wont fix any previously delivered assets.

You can simply recreate those subscriptions and redeliver the data with the new geometry and deliver them to the same collection.  You will have duplicate pixels where data was reordered over the first geometry, but the downstream APIs like Process API can handle this fine.

You could additionally choose to create a new subscription with just the portion of the geometry that was missing in the first request.

Thanks Matt. So I simplify recreate the subscriptions for the 7 fields that changed so now i have 14 subscriptions (7 old (partial cut off fields) and 7 new(full fields)).  Will sentinel hub use the new subscriptions by default since it sees the new subscriptions contain more pixels per field than the old one or will it use both somehow, and if so, will it impact cost/processing costs at all?

If go the path of simply recreating the subscriptions, you will also want to cancel your old subscriptions to avoid having double the processing costs and data storage for the data delivery.  Though you should note that as of today processing units are not charged for data delivery, so there is no additional cost anyway, but this will change in the future and you would be right to optimize.

You can cancel subscriptions following this example Python notebook or by referring to this documentation page