Solved

Using PlanetScope Surface Relectance To Monitor Pasture Biomass

• 23 October 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi Community,

I would like to ask if there are existing published articles on using PlaneScope 8 bands to monitor pasture biomass? I am interested in investigating on what the new red edge band can do in monitoring above ground biomass for pastures/grassland. Your feedback will be appreciated.

Thank you community.

icon

Best answer by elyhienrich 24 October 2022, 19:31

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi @Michael Ogungbuyi

Thank you so much for your question! 

We have an article that connects 8- band to crop fields that was posted in Planet Stories which you can find here: Monitoring Crop Nitrogen Status with Satellite Data.

I also wanted to share this document with you; Beyond NDVI with PlanetScope 8-band Data; which gives an introduction to using Red Edge data in an example using corn irrigation. 

Please feel free to reach out if we can help in any other way & if you would like to share your investigation’s findings please do so here in the Community! We wold love to read about it! 

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi @elyhienrich

Thank you so much for your reply. I will definitely be interested in sharing my findings through this platform.

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

@Michael Ogungbuyi very interesting application, thank you for sharing. I am also also looking forward to your findings!