Science Programs FAQ- ESA & NASA

• 9 September 2022
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

ESA:

1. How can I apply for the SkySat data through the ESA Earthnet program?

To find out about requesting SkySat data via ESA Earthnet program, please contact Planet's team.

1. How can I apply for RapidEye archive data through the ESA Earthnet Program?

ESA Earthnet program is open to any researchers or start-up company for R&D purposes. Planet's RapidEye archive data is available through ESA, upon submission of a Project Proposal, subject to evaluation and acceptance by ESA and Planet. Please follow the instructions on the ESA dedicated website.

NASA:

1. Can I get access to Basemaps or SkySat under the NASA CSDA Program?

The program does not include access to PlanetScope Basemaps or any SkySat image products. However in case you require access to these for your research, please contact us for additional information, access options, and pricing.

1. Who is eligible for NASA Commercial SmallSat Data Acquisition (NASA CSDA) Program?

All researchers who are funded by any U.S. federal civilian agency and/or the National Science Foundation have access to Planet’s vast archive of PlanetScope, and RapidEye imagery for scientific use and Earth science applications for societal benefit.

1. How can I register for Planet's Commercial SmallSat Data Acquisition Program (CSDA) with NASA?

You can register for Planet's CSDA Program with NASA here.

1. Where can I find more information regarding Planet's Commercial SmallSat Data Acquisition (CSDA) Program with NASA?

You can register for Planet's CSDA Program with NASA here. 

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

@elyhienrich Thanks for posting this information! Everyone would like to get their hands on SkySat imagery it seems, including me for small scale island applications :-)