Earth Day Photo Celebration 🌎 📸

• 19 April 2023
  • 8 replies
Earth Day Photo Celebration 🌎 📸
Userlevel 7
Badge +13

In honor of Earth Day we want to celebrate this incredible planet. 🌎

Share an image of Earth which you are proud to have taken in the comments below. 📸

(+ you get a cool Earth Day badge for participating) 

Community Managers Ely Hienrich and Idil Gumus will start:

Ely Hienrich: For my image I chose a picture that I took on a hike recently. I go hiking 3-4 times a week, as I am fortunate to live near some nice hilly landscapes in Southern California. This image is one that I took along my usual route. I love this time to connect to nature and I enjoy listening to audiobooks while I hike. 

XV-KgVOvAX4FrUZg1rRGGtdMb6GM_OUgQsNCAjAgttHjSvFTHstunlGMKMfaNXzMcChMWq9VtYiAFtZFAop6bKlv-CqIlaAztxM7HVEkTLWrr5uzEjN63MHw7RnxRoO_vfveIB3_jbte_sOsNkYT_UM

Idil Gumus: This picture was taken during the pandemic three years ago. The only thing that I could do was going for a walk or to the supermarket at that time. I created this corner to feel the peacefulness of nature.

B4RwwIbky2JLebgtkGf8gkJbKgtmme_l0-PD2DxczzPBvu03QAfIGkEgRO6Im-Zy7DSaE-5AwFeKxYGO9-mLOZbk7XtYDIuoMpoppD7c_ccF6XHUNz5wxpxRAE4IXH8sbD462RnG6X_Pyl3Ok2MMdno

8 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

I took this pic during the pandemic after not leaving my house for 4 months. I was on my way to get my vaccine and had to drive by the ocean and it felt like such a emotional release to be out of the house, seeing the wide ocean and having hope for the first time in a long time. 

Photo taken in Trinidad and Tobago

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

I was lucky enough to visit New Zealand last year - so beautiful!

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

@Brittany This is absolutely lovely.. thanks for sharing!

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

I was really fortunate to encounter this rainbow arch sitting neatly over our building at the University of Trinidad and Tobago’s – Centre for Maritime and Ocean Studies at 6:38am on December 1st 2022.

#earthday2023 #planetcommunity

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

This photo (also my phone’s lock screen) was taken on a trip to Yosemite with my family. I have many happy memories in this park, and if you have not yet seen it, I cannot recommend it highly enough!

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Amazing shot !! @mirons. Was that waterfall accessible?

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

It is, via a short hike!

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

How about these guys? Long Beach, WA hike surprise!