Skip to main content

Hello! 

I am working with NICFI normalized SR basemaps for Meghalaya, India with data from 2022-2024. Meghalaya has lots of cloud cover, and the monthly basemaps often have areas obscured with clouds. Does Planet produce biannual or quarterly basemaps for years since 2020 that are possible to access? I haven’t seen any on the Basemaps Viewer, but I’m hoping to access them because I imagine that cloud cover might be less of a problem when aggregating across several months. 

Other thoughts on how best to deal with cloud cover would also be very welcome! Specifically, we are trying to measure forest cover over time. Thank you so much!

Hello @lp94 

Thanks for your question!

From December 2015 to August 2020, NICFI Basemaps were created bi-annually. However, since September 2020, all NICFI Basemaps have been produced monthly, so there aren't any biannual or quarterly basemaps available for the period you're interested in.

If you’re looking for quarterly or biannual basemaps, these would need to be purchased, and I recommend contacting our sales team for more information on that.

As for dealing with cloud cover, I'm sure others in the community might also have ideas or experiences with this, so feel free to keep the conversation going!

Let us if you have any further questions!

Best