Integrations of Planet Data into a GIS software

• 23 June 2022
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Do you use or want to use Planet’s data in conjunction with a GIS software (ESRI’s ArcGIS, QGIS, GEE etc.)?

If yes, then please feel free to share your projects, questions, and ideas in the forum, and tag the name of the software you use!

9 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi, I am currently using PlanetScope SuperDove 8-band imagery for land use/cover mapping. Based on supervised object-based image classification in ArcGIS Pro.

Badge +1

Hello, New user grief here. Planet’s support desk is a broken record of useless platitudes.
I’m trying to install QGIS on an Apple machine running running Monterey 12.6
The error message when trying to open the application is below.  Any suggestions?

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi terezakis, you likely can select “open anyway” from System Preferences->security & privacy if you are confident in the installation’s validity. 

You can also try to redownload the newest version of QGIS here , and older versions from the “all releases” tab on that site. 

Please report back on if either of those options work for you!

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

@mirons thanks for the QGIS link… looking to explore QGIS functionality w.r.t. Planet data.

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

is there a  Planet plugin for QGIS?

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

@deanesh.ramsewak , there surely is! You can find information about it here. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Ooh a tutorial, awesome!! thank you @mirons !!

Badge +1

Hi, I have a problem with mi account. I use it in ArcGIS Pro. I select the extent and when I try to visualice the images appear the follow message: “An unknown error has occurred contacting the planet”. Can you help me please?

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hello @Ariel Agrazal Tello , 

Based on the information in this post, we believe support will be able to help you with this due to account information being needed. We have created a support ticket on your behalf and have copied the email you have used in your Community account.