How do you use Planet data in GIS?

• 9 November 2022
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Please share how you use Planet Data in a GIS system in the comments.

All those who comment receive a badge for GIS Day!!

8 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

...with the qgis plugin, just query and download - so fast… I just used it to get some spatial awareness for a upcoming field trip.

Badge +2

I used planet imagery to classify coastal habitats for research and public awareness as well as for monitoring barge groundings, monitoring of progress of damaging infrastructure projects etc

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

I have been using planet data for mapping forest species based on their phenological information.

Badge +2

I have been used planet data for Monitoring Natural resources and I have also have plan to use for Geospatial analysis and mapping.

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

I used Planet imagery to assess temporal changes in glacier lake outlines in QGIS, to inform an analysis of trends in glacier lake outburst flood dynamics for two past events (2016 and 2018) from Brazo Rico lake in Argentina.

Badge +2

I cross Planet data with Brazilian mapbiomas coverage historical information and scientific collections from GBIF on our Atlantic Forest areas. We have also used it on planning field trips and inventory mission track definitions for forest measuring, botanical and zoology registry. The time frame and resolution help better interpret data from Landsat and Sentinel sources. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

We hope to use planet data to create Land Use Land Cover Maps for sustainable development.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

First of all, Happy World GIS day.

Well. I have plan to use planet data for monitoring and analysis. But some basemap is not clear (especially the map of sumatera) . I hope the planet data could open all area on my base.