Solved

Unable to access monthly basemap full resolution images

• 23 February 2024
  • 5 replies

Badge +1

Hello!

I joined the Education and Research Program very early. I have always been able to access the basemap full-resolution data and quarterly full-resolution data. However, after I just logged into the system, I found that I could no longer access the full-resolution data. The prompt was "full resolution". Rates require purchase. I would like to know what the current policy is on this area. Is it true that personnel in education and research programs cannot access it? Looking forward to your reply!

icon

Best answer by idilgumus 20 March 2024, 10:22

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @mayong,

Thanks for your question! Basemaps are not included in the basic E&R account. Let us know if you have any other questions. Best!

Badge +1

Thank you for your reply. However, previously I was able to browse the monthly or quarterly base maps through https://www.planet.com/explorer/, but now I am unable to do so. Is it because these permissions have been disabled?

Badge +1

Hello! In fact, my question is to check the current limit of basemap in planet explorer. My current account cannot be viewed at zoom level 10. The watermark in the picture above begins to appear and overzoomed appears.

Badge

Hello! In fact, my question is to check the current limit of basemap in planet explorer. My current account cannot be viewed at zoom level 10. The watermark in the picture above begins to appear and overzoomed appears.

I also encountered the same problem, I wonder how to solve it or it is the current policy

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @mayong and @jinyip,

The E&R basic accounts never officially had access to Planet's Basemaps but some original accounts were able to view the basemaps due to a glitch in the system. This was corrected last year however, which is why you are unable to zoom in.

Let us know if you have any other questions!