Solved

Question about Hi-Res imagery download

• 17 November 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

Greetings all,

First of please allow me to say that I am brand new to this platform, and I am not super familiar with all that it has to offer (I am slowly making my way through the Planet University vids) so go easy on me ;)

Currently I am working with a student who is interested in detection of invasive plant species based on their spectral signature. For this I need Hi Res imagery (0.5m/px) of my area of interest, which already exist in Planet Explorer.

I am not able to download these two images (or better yet, I do not know how to download) for my student project. (20210624_190141_ssc10d1_0015, and 20210624_190141_ssc10d1_0014) The “Order Scenes” button is grayed out.

Currently, there is no reason to task new image acquisition because at this time of the year, the plants have already shed their foliage, and I cannot wait until next summer, the project needs to be finished before April.

Any guidance is greatly appreciated,

Ovidiu

icon

Best answer by mirons 17 November 2023, 23:45

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi Ovidiu,

I just checked, and it looks like you are on a Basic E&R license. Access to the SkySat archive is not part of our Basic offering. I would suggest looking into one of the paid E&R programs (either a Research or Campus license). Please let us know if we can provide any additional information.

Badge +1

Hi Ovidiu,

I just checked, and it looks like you are on a Basic E&R license. Access to the SkySat archive is not part of our Basic offering. I would suggest looking into one of the paid E&R programs (either a Research or Campus license). Please let us know if we can provide any additional information.

Mirons,

Thank you for getting back at me with your answer and clarification.

Unfortunately because this is such a small, restricted usage (one student project), and I am the only faculty member that has any interest in using Planet data, I am not able to secure any funding for a campus license (as you suggested).

Is there any other way for me to obtain the two scenes I have referenced in my original post?

Thank you,

Ovidiu

Badge +4

Hi @Ovidiu !

I would be happy to assist you.

Feel free to email me at chippie@planet.com and we can continue this conversation.

All the best,

Chippie