Solved

Planetary Variables access with basic account

• 26 April 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge +3

Hi forum,ย 

I have created a basic account to access two Planetary Variables: SM and VOD. Although Planetary Variables are not listed among the products available to basic users in the E&R program, it is not clear whether they are included in other products. Can I access these products with my basic account for educational and research purposes?

Thanks!

Regards, Sabrina

icon

Best answer by Austin Stone 26 April 2023, 16:06

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi Sabrina, our Basic Education & Research accounts only grants you access to our PlanetScope archive. You can learn more about our Science Programs at planet.com/scienceย and specifically our Education & Research programs here.

If youโ€™d like to see Planetary Variables added to our basic e&r access in the future, please post this idea in our ideas section in Planet community.

Badge +3

Hi Austin, thank you for your response and advice. I think that Planet Variables have potential to be explored in my study region. I will post my idea in this section.

Would you recommend someone for me to contact to discuss this idea? I am a PhD student and our research group has worked on similar topics as Planet. The aim of my research would contribute to evaluating your products in this highly productive region (which is one of the main exporters of soybean, corn and barley). In addition, this research would give continuity to your work published in https://assets.planet.com/docs/Soil_Water_Content_Validation_Whitepaper.pdf