Skip to main content

Hi all,

I'm building a dataset for training a CNN. For this I need to acquire about 1000 PS scenes clipped to a rather small area of interest (around 600x600m). I've got the item id's and corresponding AOIs as polygons for all the images I need. Since the AOI for each PS scene is so small I want to use the clipping tool from orders API to spare our quota.

My question is this: What is the best way to order multiple scenes clipped by multiple areas of interest?

I've already written code (in Python) to acquire the images by sending an order for each image separately, but this solution seems a bit "brute-forcy" to me. Is there some more elegant solution to this? I know it is possible to order multiple scenes clipped by a single AOI in a single order but is it possible to order multiple scenes clipped by multiple AOIs?  

Thanks for your help!

Hi there! Unfortunately, there’s no direct way to create a single request to get a set of items clipped to their own unique geometry with the Planet APIs today. If the clip geometry and items are not 1 to 1, you could try grouping items that have the same clip geometry under the same order to optimize, and then creating a single order for each unique clip geometry. 

Okay, good to know. Thanks for the answer!